Mama Diaries

Sunday, March 7, 2010

Rantings of a "Cookie Mom"

If you haven't noticed, the girl scouts have been out in full force selling girl scout cookies. This year I have had the immense pleasure of being the "cookie mom." The "cookie mom" is responsible for all things related to cookie sales in the troop. I think I have cookies coming out of my ears! My troop sold about 1400 boxes of cookies. I thought that was pretty good, until I heard from another mom who said her troop sold 2600 boxes. Wow!

Anyway, it was cookie booth day today for the Daisies of the troop (the second for our troop). Do you know what it's like to try to get a bunch of 6 year olds to behave for three hours and sell cookies? Oy! At one point the adult dad who was helping me took all of the girls outside for a snack break. There I was at the table by myself when the big rush came. Let me tell you how much fun that was! (Of course I requested that two girls stay at the table to help me, but did they listen...NO!) And then they were bugging me about getting those enormous bubble gum balls from the machine. Do you know what that would have looked like? Picture four six-year olds chewing bubble gum asking, 'Do ya wanna buy girl scout cookies?" So I had to be the big bad mommie and say, "NO BUBBLE GUM! DON"T ASK ME AGAIN!! "

Note to self: Next time schedule the girls to work in shifts no longer than one and a half hours!

No comments:

Post a Comment