Mama Diaries

Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Visit to the Doctor

Last night my daughter had a temperature of 104 F. Not so good. So this morning we went to the doctor. She has strep throat. I never knew that strep throat could cause a child to vomit. Apparently it does. So now she is on antibiotics and doing much better.

Now for the funny part: In the lobby of the medical building is a nice fountain. People like to throw coins in this fountain. Well, my five-year-old son decided to go "fishing" for some coins. Before I could stop him, he rolled up his sleeve and plunged his arm into the water.

"What are you doing?" I asked, completely shocked (even though I shouldn't have been).
"Getting money," he answered nonchalantly.
"Honey, that money is for the poor people. Leave it in there," I said.
"But mommy, you are poor!"

(Do you think he heard me complain about not having enough money to buy things too many times?)

No comments:

Post a Comment