Mama Diaries

Monday, June 14, 2010

Anti-Seize

My husband likes tinkering on his motorcycle. He spends a lot of time in the garage with his bike on the lift. In fact, I think that's what he's doing right now. Occasionally he'll ask me to assist. This evening I was in the middle of putting together and 800+ piece lego set when he requested my services.

I went out to the garage. "Here. Hold down this wrench and apply a lot of pressure," he said.

I did. After doing so, I noticed my hands felt a little slippery. I looked at them. They were coated with a bunch of silver gunk. "Ewww," I said. "What's that?"

"Anti-Seize," my husband replied.

"Oh." I wasn't too thrilled to have that on my hand, along with the dents in my palm from applying so much pressure on that wrench. (He was putting on a wheel.)

After the project, I went in to wash my hands. "Mommy, you look like an indian!" My daughter said.

I looked in the mirror. Sure enough I had silver anti-seize streaked across my face. It looked like war paint. So what did I do? I did a little pow-wow dance around the house. My kids thought it was great!

No comments:

Post a Comment