Mama Diaries

Saturday, June 5, 2010

Mad Rush

Have you ever had one of those days where you are running from one thing to the next without having much time to stop and breathe? That's how my day was.

It was recital day for my piano students (which is why I had been baking so much the last few days). I quickly cleaned the house ( a touch-up from yesterday's mad cleaning frenzy), then set up all the cookie trays, fruit trays, veggie trays, etc. After that it was time to get dressed. Now this wasn't any old dressing up. My daughter had a dance performance right after the recital. If you're a mom of a dancer, you know just how much work goes into getting into costumes, fixing hair , and makeup.

We managed to get it all done. We had the recital, a very quick reception, zoomed on the highway, and made it to the dance location, where my daughter ran onto the stage and performed, with not a second to spare.

Now here's the funny thing. My husband was supposed to help with all of this. We wouldn't have had such a rush if he was around to take her to the dance place right after she performed at the piano recital. Where was he, you ask? Off at a motorcycle ralley on the other side of the state. He had totally forgotten he was supposed to help me.

Such is the life of a mom.

No comments:

Post a Comment