Mama Diaries

Monday, June 21, 2010

Messy Man

My five-year-old son decided to make cupcakes today. He wanted to do it all by himself. He poured the cake mix into the bowl. I'd say at least three quarters of the flour landed in the bowl. The rest was all over his shirt. "Good job!" I said. "You got a lot on your shirt, though."

"That's part of being a chef," was his reply.

Then he added the oil, water, and eggs. I had to help with the eggs.

He mixed it all up with a spoon, managing to keep most of it in the bowl.

Then it was time to fill the cupcake holders.

Wow, was that a mess! He insisted on doing it himself, though, so I let him. When he was finished, he had batter all over his face, arms and hands. He was a sight to behold!

Eighteen minutes later, the cupcakes were ready. They weren't pretty, but they sure tasted good!

No comments:

Post a Comment