Mama Diaries

Sunday, August 8, 2010

Ghost Hunting

Today my family and I visited the National Airforce Museum in Dayton. My husband was interested in the history of all of the aircraft. The kids and I were interested in hunting for ghosts.

The National Airforce Museum is said to be one of the most haunted places in the nation, according to the book, Haunted Places the National Directory. So we had to do a little investigating.

Every two seconds my son would ask, "Where is the haunted helicopter?"

"That's nonsense," my husband would reply. "Don't you want to hear about the history of these planes?"

"I want to see a ghost!"

We only found three of the supposedly-haunted planes. I didn't notice anything particularly strange about them. I will however, say that the plane called the Midnight Serenade gave me the creeps. It was sitting in the corner next to the Bockscar plane that dropped the bomb on Nagasaki and ended the war. This plane was a night bomber. It was a big black plane hiding in the shadows. Oddly enough, the Bockscar was one that was said to be haunted. I'm wondering if the ghosts were hiding out in the Midnight Serenade, waiting for the crowds to leave so they could come out and play!

No comments:

Post a Comment