Mama Diaries

Monday, August 16, 2010

Taking Out the Trash

"Mom, I want to take out the trash," my six-year old son said.

I couldn't believe my ears. "Okay, " I said, "go ahead."

He pulled off the lid of the kitchen garbage can and attempted to lift the garbage bag out.

"Can you help me," he asked. "It's too heavy!"

I gave him a hand.

"I want to take it outside by myself."

I let him try. It was difficult for him, but he managed to lift it by wrapping his arms around it.

"Will you please lift the lid," he asked as we arrived at the outside garbage can. Again I provided assistance.

I helped him hoist the bag into the can. When he finished he grinned from ear to ear. He was very proud of himself!

I wonder if he's going to be that willing to take out the garbage when he's sixteen.

No comments:

Post a Comment