Mama Diaries

Monday, August 30, 2010

Those Doggone Dogs!

In case you've been wondering where I've been, I've been in the great state of Virginia, covered in dog hair and dog slobber. My family and I went to Virginia to visit my father-in-law and his two giant yellow labs, Hoover and Clancy. They are the sweetest dogs, but boy are they messy!

I walked in the door with my kids, and was immediately greeted with slobbery kisses and a few good wacks with the tails. I reached down to pet the beasts, and found myself covered with clumps of hair.

"Do these boys need a brushing?" I asked.

"It doesn't do any good," was the reply.

"Okay," I thought as I looked around at the blanket of dog hair covering the floor.

My kids didn't seem to mind. Soon they were rolling around on the floor using the big dogs as pillows. They were covered from head to toe in dog hair.

"Mommy, can we have a dog, PLEASE!!!!"

I looked at my clothes. I looked at my kids' clothes. I looked at the floor around me. I looked at the wet slobber on my knees.

"No." End of discussion.

No comments:

Post a Comment