Mama Diaries

Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Dr. Professor Bubba

"Mom, I want to go to the natural history museum." These were the words that came out of my six-year-old son's mouth today.

I looked at the piles of laundry that needed to be done. I looked at my watch. "Bubba, we don't have much time. Your sister will be home from school soon."

"Please?"

I sighed. What mom can deny her child a trip to the natural history museum when an inquisitive mind wishes to learn.

"Okay."

We made the trek to the museum. The little man headed right for the trading post - that's the section that contains some neat things like fossils, and shark teeth, and turtle shells.

"May I please see your turtle shells?" the little man asked.

"Certainly," said the lady behind the counter.

The young man gazed intently at the carapaces. "These are from sea turtles," he said with authority.

"Why yes, I believe you are right," the lady said.

"I know all about turtles," he announced.

Yes, indeed, Dr. Professor Bubba.

1 comment: