Mama Diaries

Friday, January 7, 2011

Pajama Day

It was pajama day at school today. The kids were allowed to wear their PJs all day. It was fun to see all the kids looking like they just rolled out of bed. (Judging by the look of their hair, I think some of them did exactly that.)

I thought my son would be pleased to wear his pajamas. But no. He came off of the bus with a scowl on his face (a highly unusual thing for my pleasant little man). "I hate wearing pajamas to school," he said.

"Why?" I asked.

"It's just not comfortable. I want to change into my play clothes. I'm never wearing pajamas to school again!"

Okay.

Now my daughter, on the other hand, got off the bus with a big grin on her face. "I'm keeping my pajamas on for the rest of the day," she announced.

And she did.

2 comments:

  1. Ha, that's funny, the diff in personalities there. My teen daughters in high school occasionally wore pajama pants to school; it was kinda "cool" or something. Go figure. (You know, the kind with nifty patterns, like snowflakes and flowers and frogs and whatever.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I personally love wearing my pajamas to the Pajama Party Story times that I do at bookstores. I really like my flannel pengiun pajamas. My all-time favorite though, is the one with Grumpy on it that says, "I'm Grumpy, what's your excuse?"

    ReplyDelete