Mama Diaries

Sunday, February 13, 2011

Ailing Accompanist

Sorry for the lack of a post yesterday. I was just too sick to type. Let me tell you my story. As you know, I've been fighting some kind of wicked germ. The other day it got my voice. Then it attacked my whole body. I had the shakes, a fever of almost 103, and aches. My head felt like it was in a vice, and my lungs felt like they were on fire. I was a catastrophe.

Well, unfortunately, that was the day I had to accompany my violin students for the Ohio Music Educators Solo and Ensemble Contests. I knew I had to be there, because they were counting on me.

I lay in bed until 1:00 PM, trying to rest as much as possible. Then I crawled out of bed, caked a lot of makeup on my face, so you couldn't really tell I was sick, and drugged myself with Tylenol and a decongestant. I hauled my sorry self to downtown Cincinnati.

Somehow I managed to make it through the day. (Fortunately I had only two students to accompany.) It wasn't fun trying to play with my head pounding and my body aching!

Then I hauled my sorry self home, threw up, and crawled into bed (after I brushed my teeth.)

Ugh! Let's hope I don't have to do that again!

1 comment:

  1. Aw, what a horrid thing to have to do, to force yourself out when you're sick! Glad you made it through, hope you feel better soon. :)

    ReplyDelete