Mama Diaries

Thursday, February 10, 2011

Bendaroos

"Mom, I'm bored!" my six-year-old son called.

"Okay, so you have more toys than Toys R Us, and you're telling me that you're bored?" I responded.

"Yep."

So I marched down to the basement with the little man and did some digging. We uncovered some Bendaroos. If you have no idea about what I'm talking about, Bendaroos are little wax-like sticks that can be shaped into various creations.

"Here, do something with these," I suggested.

My son sat down and went to work. Soon the little guy brought over his concoction. It looked just like a cheeseburger, complete with lettuce and tomato.

"That's great!" I complimented him.

"Mommy, you make something."

"Okay." I went to work bending and shaping those little wax strings. When I was finished, I had created an ice cream sundae, complete with whipped cream and a cherry."

"Mommy, that looks good enough to eat!"

"It does, doesn't it?" I said. "Maybe I should make a spoon." I fabricated a spoon and the two of us sat together "eating" our ice cream sundae.

No comments:

Post a Comment