Mama Diaries

Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Fossil Mountain

"Mommy, take me to Fossil Mountain.....please!!!" Those were the words I heard today from my six-year-old son.

Fossil mountain, AKA Trammel Fossil Park for those of you who are familiar with the Cincinnati attraction, is a really cool hill that's loaded with fossils. Just about every rock you pick up has some sort of fossil on it - mostly ancient sea life that once lived in the area. Well, I still wasn't feeling good, but I just couldn't pass up an educational opportunity. So we trekked to the mountain.

My son was thrilled. He scoured that mountain and found all kinds of neat fossils. (He also found deer tracks which he followed into the woods.) He found all kinds of interesting rocks and minerals. He even went on a meteor hunt (no, we didn't find any space rocks, but it was fun looking). We spent nearly two hours on that big old hill.

By the time we were done, I was exhausted again. (The amount of coughing I've done in the last few days has been ridiculous!) I wondered if we should've just stayed home. But seeing how thrilled my son was, made it worth it, especially when he gave me one of his big grins and said, "I love you, Mommy!"

No comments:

Post a Comment