Mama Diaries

Friday, February 11, 2011

Lost Voice

It's never good when a mom loses her voice. That happened to me today. I've been fighting a virus for several days now, and the darn thing finally got me down. It stole my voice.

So there I was in the store, trying to tell my son to leave the Leapster display, so we could go home.

"Mom, I can't hear what you're saying," he said as he continued to press buttons.

"Stop playing with that, and let's go!" I rasped.

"Still can't hear you," he said. (Why do kids choose to be on their worse behavior when you don't feel good?)

I barked louder: "Let's go! I don't feel good, and I need to get home!"

Finally he pulled himself away from the toy.

Then I got home, and the dog was being obnoxious.

"Sit!" I commanded in my hoarse whisper of a voice.

The dog looked at me like I had three heads.

So here's to all moms who have ever had to conduct business with no voice: Kudos to you!

No comments:

Post a Comment