Mama Diaries

Monday, April 18, 2011

Google Eyes and Lego Pieces

My kids are at their grandparent's house for a week.  Do you know what that means?  Well, to anyone else, it would mean peace and quiet, and a chance to rest.  But not for me.  No.  For me, it  meant that it was time to clean out the toy room in the basement!  Let me tell you what a job that was!  I went through piles of artwork, McDonald's Happy Meal toys, and hot wheel cars.  There were spider webs with dead spiders still hanging on them.  The place was a train wreck!  I managed to sweep out the entire place and organize everything (which meant putting a few things in the donation bag - but don't tell my kids!).

When I was done, I looked at the pile I had swept.  Would you like to know what was in it?  Dirt, and dust, and feathers, and sequins, and glitter,   and google eyes, and itty bitty Lego pieces.  (I didn't feel like figuring out where those Lego pieces went, so they ended up in a random Lego box.  I hope my son won't be looking for them any time soon!)

So much for resting!

No comments:

Post a Comment