Mama Diaries

Thursday, April 7, 2011

Treasure Hunt

"Mom, let's go on a treasure hunt," my six-year-old son said. "Okay," I said. "Where should we go to look for treasure?" "Let's go to the Little Miami River." We drove to the river and began our hunt. "Do you think we'll find gold or diamonds?" my son asked. "Not likely," I replied. We walked along the bank of the river and found a partially buried metal container. It almost looked like a row boat. "A pirate ship!' my son exclaimed. We walked on further. We saw a large metal canister in the shape of a torpedo. "A cannon launcher!" My son was very excited. "Maybe we'll find pirate treasure!" All we found were fossils and clam shells. It sure was fun looking, though. I'd sure like to know what those metal things we saw were too!

No comments:

Post a Comment