Mama Diaries

Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Filth, Filth, and More Filth

I really do not like filth.  Unfortunately filth is part of the mom job.  I can't seem to get away from it.  Today was one of those exceptionally filthy days.  Most of the filth came from our German Shepherd puppy. 

I let him outside to blow off some energy.  When he came back in, he was still as hyper as could be and covered from head to toe with mud.  He jumped on me, and the next thing I knew, I was covered in mud.

I decided that the dog needed a good long walk to tire him out.  So off we went, down the street, completely covered in mud.  I got a few quizical looks from some neighbors who were out.  If that wasn't bad enough, the dog decided to do his business.  I finished the walk covered in mud, holding a bag of dog turds. 

When I got home, I had to feed the turtle.  I checked the worm supply in the refrigerator (yes, there are worms and dirt in my refrigerator.)  The supply was a little low, so I had to go worm hunting.  You know what that meant - more dirt.

By the time I was done, I was completely covered in dog hair,dirt, worm slime, and mud.  Disgusting!

No comments:

Post a Comment