Mama Diaries

Monday, June 27, 2011

Kitchen Pixie Wanted

"Woman!" my husband called.  "Hungry!"  (He sounds like a caveman, doesn't he?)

I sighed and took my post at the kitchen stove.  I put together a delicious French dish that of course required a lot of pots and pans.

Two hours later, we sat down to eat. 

My husband and son practically inhaled the food. 

"Woman!" my six-year-old son called.  (Where do you think he got that from?)  "Clean these dishes!"

"Excuse me?" I said.  "How about, 'Thanks for the great meal.  I'll help clean up?'"

I tell you, I get no respect.

Two seconds later, "Mom, I need you!"  My son needed help with his Lego set.

"Here's your choice kid, "  I said.  '"You either help me, wait for me to finish, or hire another kitchen pixie."

"Hire another kitchen pixie."

Any takers?

No comments:

Post a Comment