Mama Diaries

Sunday, July 3, 2011

Surprise Party

It was my brother-in-law's fortieth birthday today.  We were planning on visiting him to celebrate, but he said he would be travelling and not available.

Okay, we thought.  We'd save his presents and see him next week. 

Well around dinner time we had some visitors.

"Surprise!"  Yes, it was my brother-in-law and his family.  They were in the area, (interesting because they live two hours away) and they thought they'd stop by. 

So my husband and I whipped up an impromptu birthday party.  My husband fired up the grill.  I pulled out a birthday pie, and we all had a great time.

That's what I call a surprise party!

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like it all worked out in the end! Happy Birthday to your BIL!

    Happy 4th of July!

    ReplyDelete