Mama Diaries

Saturday, September 10, 2011

Cat Drama

Do you remember those Huskies that live next door to us?  The ones that sliced my dog's ear?  Well, I think that those dogs are more trouble than my dog.  They got in big trouble today.

One of the Huskies had been trying to get into our yard for a very long time.  Its owners even planted thorny rose bushes along the fenceline in hopes of detering the dog. 

Today was the day he got through.

My daughter came running into the house.  "Our neighbor needs help.  Their dog is in our yard...and he killed a cat!"

My first thought was, "Oh my gosh.  It better not be our cat!"

I ran outside to see what was going on. 

The Huskie was in our yard with a cat carcass in his mouth, and the poor lady was trying to get her dog.  Meanwhile, the lady's little baby was in my husband's arms, screaming for his mommy.

It was a three ring circus.  Fortunately, my dog had the brains to stay away from the situation.  He came right into the house and went to his crate.  For once, he was a good dog.  I think there's hope for him!

Also, the dead cat was not our cat.  That was a relief!  I suspect it was one of the strays that live in the woods. 

So, the cat was cleaned up.  The dog was sent home.  The baby stopped crying.  And we all lived happily ever after. 

The End.

No comments:

Post a Comment