Mama Diaries

Friday, September 23, 2011

Flowers for Mommy

I like when my kids give me flowers.  My son just gave me a bouquet of weeds a couple of weeks ago.  Which reminds me, I need to discard those and clean the vase.

Today, my German Shepherd surprised me with a bunch of flowers.  I had let him out to do whatever he does.  About a half hour later, I heard a clunking sound on the back sliding doors.  I went over to investigate.  The dog had a lovely bouquet of sedum from my garden in his mouth.

"Aw, Schultz, are those for me?" I asked as I opened the door.

I attempted to take them from his mouth.  He jumped back. 

"What is this, a game?"

He presented the flowers once again.  I reached for them.  He jumped back.

"Okay, dog.  Are you saying you want to play a game of tug with the flowers?"

He whipped his head back and forth.

I took that as a "yes."

So  much for flowers for the mommy.  

No comments:

Post a Comment