Mama Diaries

Saturday, December 10, 2011

Portrait of the Mama

My family and I went to IHOP for breakfast this morning.  While we waited for our food, my kids doodled on the back of their paper menus.

"I'm going to draw a picture of Mommy," my son announced.

"This should be good," I said.

It started out all right.  It was a circle for the face.  But then I got worried when he drew the mouth.  It was this big gaping hole. I got really worried when he added pointy teeth.

"Dude, that looks monstrous," I commented.

"I'm not finished," he said.  Next he drew eyeballs that resembled a snake's eyes.  Then he put horns on top of the head.

My husband took a look.  "I think she needs a forked tongue and a tail."

I glared at him.  "Thanks."

My son added the tongue and the tail, along with some red fire coming out of the mouth.  "There, Mommy.  It looks just like you!"

No comments:

Post a Comment