Mama Diaries

Saturday, March 17, 2012

Catching Leprechauns

"Mama," my seven-year-old son said.  "I'm going to go catch a leprechaun."

"Oh yeah?' I asked.  "With what?"

"With a butterfly net."

Of course.

"Where are you going to find a leprechaun?"  I asked.

"In the woods.  I know there's one back there."

"Is that so?" I said. 

"Yep.  Finding a pot of gold would be good too, wouldn't it?"

"Definitely!"

So now my boy is out there trying to catch a leprechaun with a butterfly net.  I'm going to go join him, because finding a pot of gold sounds like a real good thing.

Happy Saint Patrick's Day!  

11 comments:

  1. lol I hope you turn one up!!

    Jo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No luck, yet. I'm going to keep trying!

      Delete
  2. Could someone please let me know if the word verification is still on? I thought I turned it off, but I'm not sure if it is. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope it's a big pot of gold and don't let the leprechaun trick you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah. Definitely have to watch out for those tricky leprechauns!

      Delete
  4. I always enjoy the humor here. I nominated you for the Versatile Blogger Award. Then I see that you already have one - have another!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Charlie! I feel very versatile now.

      Delete
  5. Aww, I certainly hope he caught his leprechaun :) I really enjoyed visiting your blog, especially seeing you are from Ohio; my home state!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello fellow Ohioan! Thanks for visiting.

      Delete
  6. So did he catch one?

    And no, there is no word verification :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No luck this year. Maybe next year! Thanks for confirming that word verification is off. I appreciate it!

      Delete