Mama Diaries

Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Eating Bubbles

When you were a kid, did you like blowing bubbles in your beverages?  I did.  It seems that my kids inherited this little idiosyncracy from me.

"Mama," my son said after I poured him a glass of milk.  "Can I have a straw?"

"Me too," my daughter said.

I knew exactly what this meant, but I gave them straws anyway.  "Just don't make a mess."

They proceeded to blow bubble towers with their milk.  Those things got pretty high.  Then they stuck their faces in the bubble pile and slurped them up.

"Mmmm.  Bubbles are yummy!" exclaimed my daughter.

"Yeah," my son said.  "Delectable!"  (For seven years old, he has a rather expansive vocabulary!)

Pretty soon the milk bubbles spilled over the sides of the glasses, leaving puddles of milk on the table.

"Kids, you need to get a paper towel and clean up that mess!"

No worries, because just then, our big old German Shepherd with the big pink tongue came along.  He licked the table clean.  Apparently he likes eating bubbles, too.    

12 comments:

  1. lol well they made sure the mess was cleaned up hahaha....my cat likes bubbles too and yep blew tons as a kid as well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think every kid has had that experience at least once!

      Delete
  2. oh, that brought back such fun memories for me. We used to do it with those flavored straws they had back then - - chocolate or strawberry. Those were the days!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mmmm. Yeah. I remember flavored straws. Now they have cereal straws.

      Delete
  3. oh my goodness, my sone is almost 13 and STILL uses a straw in his drinks for that exact reason! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dogs do come in handy now and then! I remember my kids doing this with milk. Milk makes terrific bubbles.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The dog did make himself useful. I just had to disinfect the table when he was done.

      Delete
  5. LOL, yep, Blew my share of milk bubbles as a kid. Was always more fun if it was chocolate milk.
    : )

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh yes, I did this :-) It was an art to see how high you could get the bubbles without going over the side :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think my kids are becoming masters at creating high bubble towers.

      Delete