Mama Diaries

Sunday, April 8, 2012

Noisy Watch

When my in-laws returned from the south seas, they brought each of my kids a watch.  This was a really good thing, because my son especially, is notorius for not paying attention to the time.  Things changed after he strapped that watch to his wrist.  Every three minutes he asked me if the time was right.

"Yeah, dude.  It's in sync with my watch.  You're good."

"Are you sure?" he asked. 

"Yes."

All day long, he'd ask.  I couldn't wait to go to sleep, so he'd stopping asking about the time.  Well, as it turns out, going to sleep didn't help much.

This morning, at the crack of dawn, the boy came in to my bedroom with his watch.  It was beeping loudly.

"Mama.  Can you fix my watch?"

I looked at the clock. It was 5:00 AM.  "Um, no.  Ask Daddy."  

Fortunately, the daddy who is a technical genious any time of day or night, came to the rescue.  He shut that watch right up.

Unfortuantely, we were all wide awake by that time.  So we went downstairs to see what the Easter Bunny left.  There was my boy, watch strapped on, eating chocolate at 5:00 in the morning.

Oy gewalt! 

6 comments:

  1. haha hyper at 5am must have been quite the Easter.

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL. My son had one of those watches that beeped. Seemed like it was always beeping for one reason or another. We finally got tired of it always going off, so it got hidden in the back of a drawer. The sound was quite muffled and you only heard it if the drawer was opened. We could never figure out how to open the back to remove the battery. Guess it finally wore itself out.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wait, is it Kosher to say "Oy Gevalt" right after wishing everyone a "Happy Easter"?

    And kids with alarms are dangerous - especially on weekends!

    Dawn

    ReplyDelete