Mama Diaries

Friday, June 15, 2012

Fried Earwigs

"Mama," my seven-year-old son said.  "I ate some fried earwigs."

I did a double-take on that one.  "What did you say?  Fried earwigs?"

"Yeah."

"You're talking earwigs, like the bugs, right?"

My son nodded his head.

"Okay, you better explain where you got fried earwigs."

"My buddy made them."

This is the same buddy who wanted to stick that frog in his pants. 

I shook my head.  "How exactly did he fry them?"

My son grinned.  "When his mom was making pizza, he snuck some on the tray."

Unbelievable.  I wonder if any ended up on the pizza.

My son won't be eating over there any time soon!   

15 comments:

  1. oh no no no no no!!! Ick ick! And poor earwigs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It wasn't even Schultz this time. Boys!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, that's something you'd expect from Schultz. Those boys are something else!

      Delete
  3. Ewww! What are kids thinking when they do these things?! *LOL*

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yuck! Well, at least he told you. LOL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sometimes I wish I didn't know about these things. LOL!

      Delete
  5. Why is everybody grossed out? Look at the flip side... it could become a delicacy... like snails, or caviar? LOL

    ReplyDelete
  6. Blah! But I suppose they are goo in protein..haha

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, probably good survival food if they were ever lost in the wilderness!

      Delete
  7. haha that doesn't sound too good to me either :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'd eat them if my life depended on it, but I have no interest in eating bugs for fun.

      Delete
  8. Eek! Always funny what little boys do, but I've never come across a fried-earwig-eating boy til now. Wonder what my son will be up to when he's a bit older? :P

    ReplyDelete