Mama Diaries

Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Poor Little Grasshopper

You wouldn't think anything weird would happen if you just go to Subway to get some lunch.  Well, in my world, weird things happen everywhere we go.

We got out of the car, and the first thing out of my daughter's mouth was, "Look, Mom, a cute little grasshopper!"

I thought she must've been seeing things, because no grasshopper in its right mind would be sitting on an asphalt parking lot in 103 degree heat.

I walked around to take a look.  Sure enough, there was a little grasshopper.  "Leave it alone," I said.  "Let's go get some lunch."

Do you think my son listened?  No way, Jose!  Apparently a little grasshopper was just too hard to resist.  He chased that thing all around the parking lot until he caught it.   "Look, Mama, I caught it!"

"Very good," I said.  "Now let it go, and let's get our lunch."

The boy had other ideas.  He brought the bug inside.  There he was, in Subway, with a grasshopper dangling from his hand.

The lady behind the counter freaked out.  Apparently she didn't like insects.  To make a long story short, we had to chase the grasshopper around Subway before he ended up becoming part of a sandwich.  We caught him and sent him out the door.

"Go back to your field bug, or next time you won't be so lucky!" I said.

Poor grasshopper!

 

16 comments:

  1. Geez, and you didn't even buy the grasshopper a sub, how rude.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Replies
    1. Yes, always something funny going on in my world!

      Delete
  3. LOL, what a site that must have been. Chasing a grasshopper around in Subway. You get to have all the fun.
    : )

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My kids thought it was great fun...not so sure about the Subway employee, though. LOL!

      Delete
  4. Ha ha. It was nice of your son to invite the grasshopper to lunch.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good thing he didn't end up in anyone's sandwich ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm picturing this little critter hopping here and hopping there... and then the charming kiddies verse came to mind:
    Grasshopper green is a comical chap.
    He lives on the best of fare.
    Bright little trousers, jacket and cap,
    these are his summer wear....

    Do you remember it? I think Bubba would like it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. so cute---yes that little grasshopper could get lost in all of those bean sprouts and lettuce :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was thinking he'd blend in with the avocado. LOL!

      Delete
  8. this really happened? this is so crazy, haha. that boy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep. This really happened. Welcome to my world!

      Delete