Mama Diaries

Friday, September 28, 2012

Tricky Chicken

Today I decided to try something a little different for dinner:  Chicken Kiev.  For those of you who have no idea what this is, it's a chicken breast stuffed with a buttery sauce.

I put the dinner in front of my kids and told them to eat it.  My son cut into it first. Guess what happened?  The sauce squirted right up his nose!

"Mama!" he yelled.  "What the heck?"

My daughter was next.  She cut into it and got a nice squirt on the shirt.  "Mom!  Why do you have to always have these stupid food experiments?  Why can't you just make normal things like macaroni and cheese?"  

"Okay.  I'll make mac and cheese tomorrow - with cauliflower thrown in."

Hee hee. 

15 comments:

  1. haha at least they got a surprise, keep them on their toes. For them always breaking yours.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a cute story. I wouldn't care if the supper squirted me. I'm a messy eater, anyway. It's cuz I have bodacious ta-tas, so everything lands on my chest.

    Love,
    Janie

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is too funny!!! Don't kids usually like candy and gum that squirts stuff in their mouth? Why not chicken? Thanks for the laugh.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can't help chuckling reading your post. Chicken with butter sauce sounds delicious!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I thought it was great. I like trying new things. I wish my kids were a little more adventurous - maybe when they grow up.

      Delete
  5. Kids! You gotta love 'em! :)
    I'd take the chicken over mac and cheese.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Funny! I think it sounds delicious. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Chicken kiev is one of my son's favorites. In fact, I had him pick some up today when he went shopping for me. Will probably be making some for my husband and son in the next several days.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I've tried Chicken A La King, never Chicken Kiev, but it does sound tasty... and juicy!

    ReplyDelete