Mama Diaries

Saturday, November 24, 2012

Dream Vacation

Before I tell you about Bubba's dream vacation, I have to tell you about something weird that happened to me today.  I went to the automatic car wash and pulled my car into the garage bay.  It was cold outside, so the bay doors closed behind me. The car wash was uneventful, but when it was finished, and the sign that said, "drive ahead," came on, the door would not open.  I sat there for a minute, waiting.  Still it wouldn't open.  I got out of my car to assess the situation.  The door could not be lifted manually, but I found an emergency open button.  I pressed it, but it didn't work.  This isn't good, I thought.  Of course, nobody else was around.  I was all alone.  I wandered around the garage until I found another emergency open button.  This had better work, I thought.  It did.  The back door opened.  I put my car in reverse and got the heck out of there.

And do you know what the weird thing was?  When I had first pulled into that garage and the doors closed, a thought popped into my head that I was going to get stuck in there.  How's that for a premonition?  Total craziness!



Okay.  Now for the story.  My husband and I took the kids to get passports.  (This was an epic adventure, too, because the clerk's pen blew up and got ink all over the paperwork and my son's birth certificate.)

While the paperwork was being completed, another clerk started talking to my boy.  "Where are you going on vacation?" she asked.

"Nowhere," he said.

The lady looked puzzled.  "Then why are you getting passports?"

"In case we go to Alaska," he answered.

I laughed.  "Dude, you don't need a passport to go to Alaska.  That's still the United States."

The clerk smiled.  "Where would you like to go?" she asked.

He thought about that.  "Madagascar," he answered.

"Why Madagascar?" asked the lady.

"Because I want to ride elephants and llamas."






16 comments:

  1. Oh,gosh...your kids are a hoot! Love your stories, Sherry!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL well he might have to make a stop in Canada to get to Alaska. Glad you got out of the garage of doom.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If we stop in Canada, I'll be sure to pay you a visit with my animal cracker crew! LOL! Yeah, I'm glad I got out of the garage of doom, too!

      Delete
  3. Cute story with your son! I'm impressed that you found your way out of the car wash so quickly. I always feel so claustrophobic at those places.
    Julie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have a generally calm dispositon, to fortunately, I didn't get too flustered about it.

      Delete
  4. Creepy premonition!

    Your son always makes me smile. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree - it was creepy!

      My son always make me smile, too!

      Delete
  5. Great start to a scary story that go in all directions! Don't you just love recognizing intuition after the fact. Sometimes I wonder why we even have it if enough information isn't given before hand to help solve or stop the situation, just sayin'!

    And to go to Canada, Alaska if you drive, and Mexico you'll need a shorter version of the passport. It's like a driver's license and almost as expensive. I still have to get mine.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've had a lot of odd premonition/intuition things in my life. It's strange how accurate they are!

      Delete
  6. You're son is adorable. Sorry, to hear you got locked in the car wash, but glad you got out.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Sherry, I believe in premonitions. Most of the time they're pretty accurate. Such a relief, you got out of the garage. I just booked a trip to a remote area alone with someone I don't know to drive me around in an island tomorrow. I'm currently traveling alone in a far off destination and for some reason, I've been extremely bothered by this particular drive. When I found your post, I took it as a sign. I canceled that particular trip and I feel great relief.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, good! If you feel uneasy about something, it's best to listen to your sixth sense and avoid it! Glad my post helped!

      Delete
  8. I would be terrified if I got stuck in a car wash. I go to what I call the bootie car wash. They have all these young girls in short shorts and tight t-shirts who take charge of the car and return it when it's clean. I don't know why beautiful girls want to wash cars. Maybe they get good tips.

    Love,
    Janie

    ReplyDelete
  9. Glad you got out of that locked car wash. Don't know how I'd react, but it might not have been pretty. : )

    Your son is so adventurous. I think it would be interesting to ride elephants and llamas.

    ReplyDelete