Mama Diaries

Tuesday, June 25, 2013

How to Jump into a Pool

I took my kids to the pool to cool off from the summer heat.  My daughter found one of her friends and promptly began goofing around.

"Mom, check this out!"  She held out her arms and did a zombie walk into the pool.

I laughed.  "Nice."

Her friend decided to do something outrageous, too.  "Mrs. Ellis, watch this!"  She ran backwards into the pool.

"Be careful," I said.  "I don't want you to get hurt!"

The girls continued their little game.  Here's what they came up with:

1.  Running cannonball:  Run as fast as you can and do a cannonball jump, creating the largest splash possible.

2.  Miss America walk:  Smile pretty and wave as you daintily step into the water.

3.  Skip:  No explanation necessary.

4.  Cartwheel:  Ditto.  Just don't hit your head.

5. Tap dance:  Do a series of fallaps until you're in (be careful not to stub your toes).

6.  Do the Chicken Dance and give a big BRAWK when you hit the water.

7.  Do it Gangnam Style.

So there you go, ladies and gentlemen.  If you're ever not sure about how to enter the water, try one of these.  I'm sure you'll make a big splash and impress all the sun bathers who will be watching!

30 comments:

  1. Ahhh, made me think like a kid again. Thoroughly enjoyable!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah, me, children have it all covered . . . and then, sadly, they learn restraint . . . :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wouldn't it be funny if adults acted as kids?

      Delete
  3. I miss those days. Around here, you can't run around the pools, you can't cannonball or splash much.
    That's cool they got to have so much fun!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We're really lucky to have a pool in our neighborhood!

      Delete
  4. Haha, the last one seems hilarious, and the other new song, Gentleman.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't heard Gentleman. Or have I? Is that the one about the Gentleman not being so much of a gentleman?

      Delete
  5. My gosh that takes me back too many years.
    Loved the post.
    Yvonne.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's fun watching kids splash around in the pool. And it's even more fun when I splash around with them!

      Delete
  6. I'd prob break my neck trying to do a cartwheel lol

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's a pity you didn't have a video camera with you. I'd would have loved to have seen them doing it Gangnam style. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You know, I should just put the video camera in my purse so that I have it for moments like this!

      Delete
  8. I once tried sliding down my sister's swirly ladder into her pool. It wasn't pretty. Especially since I fell off before I hit the water.
    Yes. Drinking was involved.
    Shoulda tried that Miss America thing, instead.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ouch! You'd probably do very well with the Miss America thing! ;)

      Delete
  9. HA! What a hoot! It sounds like those girls know how to have fun. I'd have to pick the chicken dance one, just because it's the absolute last thing anyone would expect a nice little old lady to do.

    ReplyDelete
  10. sorry, but I'd rather die than do anything Gangnam Style :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Inventive girls!! Gangnam style cracked me up! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  12. There's nothing boring about any of their grand entrances! Good job to both of them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So much better than just walking down the steps into the pool!

      Delete