I took my kids to the pool to cool off from the summer heat. My daughter found one of her friends and promptly began goofing around.
"Mom, check this out!" She held out her arms and did a zombie walk into the pool.
I laughed. "Nice."
Her friend decided to do something outrageous, too. "Mrs. Ellis, watch this!" She ran backwards into the pool.
"Be careful," I said. "I don't want you to get hurt!"
The girls continued their little game. Here's what they came up with:
1. Running cannonball: Run as fast as you can and do a cannonball jump, creating the largest splash possible.
2. Miss America walk: Smile pretty and wave as you daintily step into the water.
3. Skip: No explanation necessary.
4. Cartwheel: Ditto. Just don't hit your head.
5. Tap dance: Do a series of fallaps until you're in (be careful not to stub your toes).
6. Do the Chicken Dance and give a big BRAWK when you hit the water.
7. Do it Gangnam Style.
So there you go, ladies and gentlemen. If you're ever not sure about how to enter the water, try one of these. I'm sure you'll make a big splash and impress all the sun bathers who will be watching!