Wednesday, October 30, 2013
The Sunshine Award
I'd like to thank Deanie Humphrys- Dunne for giving me the Sunshine Blogger Award. Isn't it pretty? So here's how this little thing works: I have to answer eleven questions, and then nominate eleven other bloggers to do the same.
Here are the questions:
1. What is your favorite vacation place? Hmm. That's a tough one. I guess it depends on what kind of vacation I want. If I want cosmopolitan, I'd vote for Paris. That's such a great city, and every time I go, I see something new. If I want to relax, Bora Bora is the place to be!
2. What is your favorite dessert? Ice cream! Followed by chocolate, and cake, and cookies, and pie. Yes, I have a major sweet tooth!
3. What is your favorite season? Autumn! I love the colors of the leaves and the smell of the air. I also tend to do more baking, so the house smells good, too!
4. What is your favorite thing to do in your spare time? Spare time? Are you kidding? If I had spare time, I'd travel, read more, practice my instruments, and hike on nature trails.
5. Where would you like to live if you could choose anywhere? Actually, I've lived all over the place, and believe it or not, my favorite place is a little town called Lakewood in Ohio, near Cleveland. Isn't that crazy?
6. What's your favorite color? Red!
7. What's the most exciting thing that has happened to you this year? Well, a lot has happened this year! I got to travel almost nine hundred miles with a cat in my car as we moved to Georgia. That was exciting. Sort of. And I got an agent for my chapter book series. That was more exciting. I'm playing with a new orchestra, which is fun and exciting. And I'm a director of a new foundation that's going to promote humanitarian efforts all over the world. That's really exciting!
8. Tell us something about yourself we might not already know. Something you don't know? I've done a lot of these, so I have to dig deep for this one. Okay. When I was six years old, I had a very high fever from pneumonia - 105 degrees. I remember seeing caterpillars crawling all over me. It was scary! I was hospitalized for it. Fortunately I got better, but the illness scared my parents so much that they decided to move me to Florida where the weather was better. And that's how I ended up in Florida when I was a kid.
9. Do you have a pet? Ha! Do I have a pet? What kind of silly question is that for the Mama? Yes. I have a pet. I used to have 26 pets, but we got rid of a few for the move. Now I'm down to three - a cat, a dog, and a frog.
10. What's your favorite kind of pet? One that doesn't poop, pee, or shed.
11. What did you like doing most when you were a kid? I always enjoyed building sand castles and searching for fiddler crabs at the beach. I also liked reading, writing, and playing a little keyboard I had. I guess I haven't changed much!
Now I'm supposed to select 11 other bloggers, which isn't going to happen, because the great majority of you already have a lot of followers or have received this award before. So, I'll select some bloggers who would probably appreciate a boost in followers. (But if you would like this award, feel free to grab it!)
Here are the few:
A Little Light Reading
If you are selected, or wish to participate in this little award game, just use the same questions I answered.
Thanks again, Deanie!