I hope all of you who celebrated Thanksgiving had a great day. I sure did. Thank you for all the well-wishes in your comments!
I don't know about you, but I have a lot of leftover turkey. What does one do with leftover turkey? Make sandwiches, of course! This afternoon, for lunch, I piled up a bunch of turkey between some slices of bread, along with apples, poppy seed dressing and cheese. I plopped it in front of my kids and told them to eat it.
My son made a face, but bit into it. "Mama," He said after he swallowed. "Can't you get salmonella poisoning from eating raw turkey?"
"Yes, Bubba, you can."
"Then why are you feeding us raw turkey?"
I laughed. "It's not raw. It's cold. And you won't get salmonella from eating cold, cooked turkey."
"Are you sure, Mama. Because I can taste the salmonella. I think you're trying to poison us."