Mama Diaries

Monday, December 2, 2013

Face Painting

Yesterday my kids and I put up the Christmas tree.  It's a tradition that after we do so, we make a fancy cup of hot cocoa and drink it while listening to Christmas music and admiring the tree. 

I placed a steaming cup of hot cocoa in front of my nine-year-old son and told him that he could put the whipped cream and toppings on it.  He grabbed a can of Reddi Wip and sprayed a mountain of the white stuff on top.  Then he got the Hershey's chocolate sauce and squeezed about a third of the container onto the mountain he already created.

I looked at that boy and shook my head.  "Have a little hot cocoa with your toppings!"

"Mama," he said.  "This isn't all for the cocoa. Watch." He dipped his finger into it and spread the goop onto his face.  When he was done, he had a white mustache and beard (and a few sprinkles). "See.  I decorated my face for Christmas.  Now I'm Santa Claus!" 

28 comments:

  1. Maybe decorating faces with chocolate should be part of the tradition - from now on.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, Ma, he was decorating his face...!

    ReplyDelete
  3. lol. I was not expecting that from your kid. But funny story! And it seems that Christmas is ever closer.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Stick around here for a while, and you'll come to expect anything from my kid!

      Delete
  4. Followed by the tradition of washing your son's face, right?
    Guess he wanted to be sure he got the whipped cream moustache.

    ReplyDelete
  5. so next thing you must send him down the chimney.....

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think I'll try that the next time I have hot cocoa. Good plan, Bubba.

    Love,
    Janie

    ReplyDelete
  7. *hee* Bubba certainly knows how to get creative with his toppings...

    ReplyDelete
  8. I think it's awesome that he's so creative! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He really is creative. I hope he never loses it!

      Delete
  9. Think what he could do at Starbucks!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ahh a smart answer! Reminds me I haven't had a hot chocolate with whipped cream and all the toppings in ages - must put on to do list!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Now I know how to answer my wife next time I do the same thing!
    Thanks Bubba!

    ReplyDelete
  12. LOL! I love how you let him run with it and have some fun. :D

    ReplyDelete
  13. So funny, Bubba always keeps you smiling! D

    ReplyDelete
  14. Now that is a new way to enjoy hot cocoa. ; )

    ReplyDelete