Mama Diaries

Thursday, April 10, 2014

I Spy

One of my kids' favorite games to play when we're trying to pass time, is "I Spy."  For those not familiar with it, what happens, is one person says, "I spy something yellow."  (Or blue, or round, or soft, etc.)  And the other person has to look around and figure out what it is.

Yesterday, my son and I were at the doctor's office.  And as usually is the case, the doctor was running late.  So we began a game of "I Spy."

We did a few rounds.  Then it was my son's turn, again.  "I spy something orange."

I looked around.  The only orange things I saw were the orange dots on the carpet.  "The orange spots on the carpet," I said.

"Which one?" he asked.

"What do you mean, which one?  There are thousands here!"

"Guess which one!"

I pointed to several on the floor around us. None of them were it.  Finally I gave up.  "Which one is it?" I asked.

"The one under your shoe!"

I lifted my foot.

"That one," he said, pointing to an orange dot that had been under my foot the entire time.

"Wait a minute," I said.  "You could not have possibly spied that particular spot, because it wasn't in your field of vision!"

"But Mama, I have X-ray vision.  I can see everything - even if it's under your foot!"  

55 comments:

  1. X-ray vision for orange dots is cool. Your son is adorable Sherry.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kids put you through your paces, don't they? But the waiting in the doctor's office must pass more quickly, right?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those spots are easy to find with x-ray vision, you should have known that lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Right. Since I'm the Mama. And mamas have x-ray vision.

      Delete
  4. I remember that game. I'll have to resurrect to play with the grandsons.

    ReplyDelete
  5. adorable! :)
    Loved playing this game with my son!

    Jamie Dement (LadyJai)
    My A to Z
    Caring for My Veteran

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounds logical to me!
    I hate playing it in the car as I drive, they tell me it was the billboard that now is 1000 ft behind us!

    ReplyDelete
  7. The one under your shoe. I wish I had X-ray vision:D

    ReplyDelete
  8. My siblings and I used to play that all the time. Your son is hilarious!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Better watch that xray vision. . .it might burn what it's spying.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hadn't thought about the hazards of x-ray vision. He'll have to be careful!

      Delete
  10. LOL! That's something my kids would do. Well played. =)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your son is amazing! What imagination!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Bubba wants you to think he can see everything, no matter where it is! He's so cute.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Back to my childhood your post took me. Back to the present now but thanks for the memories.
    Yvonne.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hope you had some fond memories of your kids doing things like this.

      Delete
  14. I love Bubba's imagination...how he came up with the x-ray vision excuse!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I Spy with my little eye... a mama who has been hoodwinked.

    ReplyDelete
  16. That boy knows how to play to win.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Replies
    1. Hmm. Now I'm wondering why he's wearing the glasses he has, if his vision is supposed to be so good!

      Delete
  18. Now that's Imagination, and that's one intelligent kid!
    Katy Did

    Life's Ride In Between

    ReplyDelete
  19. Yes, X-Ray vision would make a game of I Spy much more challenging!! LOL, I love how creative he is!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would hate to know what else he can see with x-ray vision!

      Delete
  20. LOL, Bubba is too clever for his own good!

    ReplyDelete
  21. I would've been disoriented looking at all those dots.

    ReplyDelete
  22. I spy was a game I enjoyed playing too, both as a child and a mum. Thanks for stopping by.
    Best wishes,
    Nilanjana.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome. And thanks for stopping by at my pad!

      Delete
  23. Intelligent and interesting kid!
    Happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  24. That's a nice way to keep a child occupied in the Doctor's office!

    ReplyDelete
  25. I did once tell you he could be a mutant.... you didn't believe me...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha! All right. You win. You're right as always! ;0)

      Delete
  26. Very cute! :D
    I used to love playing this game with my sister.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't remember ever playing it as a kid. I'm glad my kids play it, though. It's a good way to pass time.

      Delete
  27. That is absolutely adorable! You have me cracking up with that story and reminding me why I want kids of my own one day. I remember playing I Spy as a kid all the time. It was one of my favorite things to do and I swear it's part of the reason I'm so observant.

    ReplyDelete