Mama Diaries

Tuesday, April 22, 2014

Soap Scum Messages

The other day, I was cleaning the shower door in the bathroom.  It was covered with soap scum, as is usually the case at the end of every week.  As I wiped it down, I noticed what looked like the letter, "L."

Hmmm, I thought.  What's this?

Upon careful inspection, I noticed the letters, "o," "v," and "e."  "Love."  There was a message written in that soap scum:  I Love You.

Awww, how sweet! I thought.  Who did this?

I asked my husband.  It wasn't him.

I asked my daughter.  It wasn't her.

That meant it was either the dog or my son.  And since the quadruped doesn't have handy-dandy fingers to write such messages, it had to be only one person:  Bubba!

"Bubba," I asked.  "Did you write a soap message on the shower door?"

He grinned and nodded.

So I gave him a big hug.  "I love you, too!"
    

48 comments:

  1. Don't clean it! Soap scum can't be that bad, surely?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha! It got cleaned up, but I'm sure there will be more!

      Delete
  2. Now that was a sweet one. Awwww.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome. My girls like taking their showers in my shower stall because they can write all over the glass door. Sometimes it's math problems, sometime's it's spelling words, or just crazy pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love it. We do that with the mirror steam so the next person sees it after their shower. Bubba sounds like such a sweetheart!

    ReplyDelete
  5. you mean you can say I love you with scum too? :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your Bubba is absolutely adorable. Hugs to both the mother and the son :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a sweet heart! Suprise messages can be great.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was certainly unexpected, and it definitely brightened my day!

      Delete
  8. Aww one way to brighten up having to clean. I could smile off that for days.

    Brandon Ax: Writer's Storm

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely to read you do have some great children.

    Yvonne.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lovely to read you do have some great children.

    Yvonne.

    ReplyDelete
  11. No pictures?

    Great kid. Seriously, you have a great kid there.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He is a great kid! I'm not sure how well the soap scum message would've shown up on a camera. If he does it again, I'll try to take a picture and see how it turns out.

      Delete
  12. Very sweet. Nice of you to share the smile it brings. :-)
    Deb@ http://debioneille.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. Aw! How cute. That's the kind of thing my youngest would do--after squeezing all the liquid soap down the drain. *sigh* You've got to love them.

    True Heroes from A to Z

    ReplyDelete
  14. Aww, what a sweet way to brighten your cleaning routine.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Replies
    1. I agree. I'm so lucky to have such a great kid!

      Delete
  16. That's creativity at it's best.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Very sweet, Sherry. Those are the things memories are made of. Maria from Delight Directed Living

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes. I'm sure I'll remember that for a long time!

      Delete
  18. Ahhhh! Of course, Bubba deserved a hug. I'd hug him if I could.

    ReplyDelete
  19. What a sweet message to find. :)

    ReplyDelete