Mama Diaries

Tuesday, October 21, 2014

Raining Tacos

"Mama," my ten-year-old son said.  "I'm going outside to get dinner."

I looked at that kid.  "What do you mean, 'you're going outside to get dinner'?  I'm making dinner right now.  Inside."

He shook his head.  "Nope.  I'm getting my dinner outside.  It's going to be raining tacos."

I looked outside, up into the clear blue sky.  "Dude.  I'm afraid you're mistaken.  I don't see any taco clouds up there."

"Don't worry.  I know they're up there."  The kid looked really confident about this.

"Okay.  How do you know?" I asked.

"Because it said so on YouTube."  He shoved his iPod in my face and made me watch a video.

Here it is for your viewing enjoyment:



"I see," I said, after viewing the thing.  "If you need any tomatoes on it, let me know.  Because I didn't see anything about it raining tomatoes for the tacos.  And you need your veggies!"

 

34 comments:

  1. You're son sounds like a character.

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL!!! I totally needed that for my post a few days ago about raining cheese. I guess there's cheese on tacos...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, it is Taco Tuesday. Maybe it's also Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs...

    ReplyDelete
  4. lol hopefully they don't make a mess in the neighborhood

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes, if it's on YouTube (or the net in general) it *must* be true! Haha!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I wish it would rain tacos! I love them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll put in a special order for you, and see if they can come down in your backyard.

      Delete
  7. LOL, the world would be a scary place if everything on YouTube were true... XD

    ReplyDelete
  8. who, or what, comes up with this stuff??

    ReplyDelete
  9. That is so cute. You're right: They don't mention tomatoes, but the tomato is a fruit. Maybe you can substitute spinach for the lettuce so you all get a dark green cancer preventing veggie.

    Love,
    Janie

    Love,
    Janie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good thinking. Because refried beans probably wouldn't look so good falling from the sky! ;00

      Delete
  10. wow mam your son is so cute. I like his way of reasoning things.

    ReplyDelete
  11. If it rained tacos, I would be in Heaven. I need that forecast here... just maybe not when I walk to work. I don't want to show up covered in taco.

    ReplyDelete
  12. That's funny.. he's so cute!.. love the chorus too..' yum yum yum yum yumeny yum...'

    ReplyDelete
  13. That is cute. I always say, "I swear it's on the Internet, therefore it must be true."

    I'm waiting for a shower of chocolate M&M's.

    PS Aren't tomatoes a fruit?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Somebody else mentioned that tomatoes are a fruit. Yes, technically they are, but I'm going to keep them in the veggie department, because that's how I was taught many eons ago. ;0)

      Delete
  14. LOL! That was an awesome video. Thanks for sharing. :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Cool video. Thanks for sharing it. The next time the forecast is suppose to be for rain, maybe it will instead be raining tacos, lol.

    ReplyDelete
  16. What a fun song. I'll have to to show it to my kids sometime.

    ReplyDelete