Mama Diaries

Tuesday, November 10, 2015

The Cookie Caper


Yesterday, I made a batch of white chocolate chip macadamia nut cookies. They were supposed to be for a meeting I was having today.

After they finished baking, I put the trays on the counter to cool. Then I walked away to do other things.

When I came back, fifteen minutes later, all the cookies on the trays were gone. My daughter stood nearby with a huge grin on her face. "Mom, I got hungry and ate all the cookies."

"You did not!" I said.

"I did!"

I looked around. There was not one cookie to be found.

I was ready to go ballistic. I did not have time to make another batch of cookies.

My daughter must've seen the rage in my eyes. She busted out laughing. She opened the cupboard under the sink and pulled out a container. "Don't worry. Your cookies are safe and sound. Right here!"

Ugh! That little trickster!
  


Today, on my book tour, Ten Zany Birds was reviewed by Mommy Has to Work. If you'd like to read the review, please stop by.

I'm also at Writers and Authors where a nice video review of Ten Zany Birds was posted. If you'd like to see it, please hop over!

32 comments:

  1. That was sneaky! Could have been worse - Schultz could've found them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That would have been way worse! Schultz would've been sick if he had ingested all of those.

      Delete
  2. Loved to have seen your face. Great daughter you have,
    Yvonnne

    ReplyDelete
  3. My comment nearly matches Alex's. She should have blamed Schultz for being the cookie monster! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. When I was on the ship, we loved the cookies they baked there. My department head, especially, was crazy about them. He used to say, "There is no such thing as a bad cookie."
    Apparently, he didn't remember the disastrous "Grandpa's Toe" promotion from Famous Amos in 1994.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You should bake cookies with nuts at my house. I won't touch them. I'm not allergic to nuts, but I have a sensitivity to them. Amazing that I get along with all the nutty bloggers.

    Love,
    Janie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha! Yes. Lots of nuts around here. I'm one of them. ;-)

      Delete
  6. All cookies must be guarded. At least she didn't actually eat them all.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm surprised she didn't eat them. Macadamia nut cookies are her favorite.

      Delete
  7. haha never let cookies out of your sight

    ReplyDelete
  8. I could just imagine now angry you were getting. Good thing she had good timing before your temper flared. I think cookies have to be closely guarded. D

    ReplyDelete
  9. That would've been a lot of cookies for consumption. If someone was super hungry or stressed out, it could happen.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think my daughter could have eaten at least half of them.

      Delete
  10. Your daughter is much nicer than I am. I probably would have eaten them all because those are some of my favorite.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I do love a good prankster and it's best to start young. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hahaha that's evil of her. :-D

    The cookies sound delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  13. LOL your daughter sounds like a girl after my own heart. I love pranks like this. Even though they are evil. :D

    ReplyDelete
  14. I was fooled too until I got to the end. I wondered what you'd do if your "trickster" daughter had eaten the cookies, Sherry. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'd make her bake another batch and clean up the mess!

      Delete
  15. Left to cool like this in our house the rat definitely would have eaten them. You see Mr T swears it isn't him but that he saw a big rat making off with whatever it is that HE is accused of eaten but hasn't.

    ReplyDelete