Mama Diaries

Friday, June 3, 2016

Question of the Month and Sisterhood Blogger Award



It's time for Question of the Month hosted by Michael D'Agostino. This month's question is:

Of all the places in the world that you haven’t yet been to, where would you like to go next?”


Hmmm. I guess Australia. There are a few things on my bucket list that can be done there. I want to see a concert at the Sydney Opera House. I want to dive/snorkel the Great Barrier Reef, and I want to hold a koala bear. Plus I would like to visit every continent. Australia would be one off the list.


Maybe I'd hop over to New Zealand after that. I've heard that place is gorgeous.


Where would you like to go?


Second, Tracy Terry nominated me for the Sisterhood of the World Blogger Award.


 
Thanks, Tracy! I have to answer some of her questions, now.


What old object to I have stashed away collecting dust?  Well, we'll have to make that plural. I have a huge collection of Nancy Drew books. Several were my mom's when she was a kid. They might even be first editions. They're probably worth a lot of money. I'll probably end up passing them down to my daughter.


Which childhood programs would you like to see again? I didn't really watch too much TV. What I did watch was Sesame Street and Mister Rogers. I don't know if either of those are still playing. If not, those are the ones I'd like to see.


When you think of an iconic film, what comes to mind? Gone with the Wind. That's pretty iconic.


What other names am I known by? Mama. I'm sure you can figure out why.


If I ordered a main meal, would I start with an appetizer or pudding?  By "pudding" I would assume that means dessert. Tracy's from the UK, and I think that's how they talk there. I generally do not eat appetizers or desserts. I just eat the main meal. Usually, I'm too full to fit anything else after that. If I had a choice between appetizer or dessert, I'd probably take the dessert. I have a sweet tooth!


If I had to go to a fancy dress party, what would be my costume of choice?   I'm a girly-girl, so I would choose a floor-length evening gown - probably red, because red is my favorite color.


Superstitious? No.


Which person or animal would I be able to impersonate? I can't say this is question I've ever considered. I suppose I'd be good at impersonating a chicken. Please don't ask me to demonstrate!


What character in a book would be my imaginary friend? Goodness. Another tough one. Okay. I think it would be Annie from the Magic Tree House series by Mary Pope Osborne. She's a fun little girl with a great sense of adventure. We'd have a good time together.


Lightening round:  Tea or Coffee? Neither. Water. Sweet or savory? Sweet. Clean shaven or with a beard? Clean shaven. Whiskers are too scratchy, but I will say, some guys look better with a beard.


Now, I'm supposed to pass this on to ten people and provide ten other questions. I'm really bad about picking people, mostly because I know many of you have received a bazillion of these awards and don't want to do them anymore. But in case you haven't, and you want to do this, consider yourself nominated. (This is an award for the ladies. You men will have to find your own brotherhood award.) If you choose to accept, here's what you're supposed to do:   mention you got it from me, answer the questions, provide ten more questions, and nominate ten more people.


As far as the questions go, you can use Tracy's or these:


1. What's your favorite gemstone?
2. If you were a historical figure, who would you be?
3. What's your favorite genre of film?
4. What was your favorite toy as a child?
5. What was the last book you'd recommend?
6. What was the best piece of advice you were ever given?
7. Who would be your dream dinner guest, and why?
8. Day or night?
9. If space travel was a reality, where would you go?
10. If time travel was real, what period would you travel to?

62 comments:

  1. Water - good choice. Stay hydrated.
    Still pondering my answer. Might be New Zealand.

    ReplyDelete
  2. as long as you don't order the black pudding....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi, Sherry!

    Since your posts aren't showing up in my reader for up to 15 hours after they are published, like the one yesterday, I played it smart this time and anticipated that you have another one running today.

    Congratulations on receiving the Sisterhood blogger award! I agree that Australia and New Zealand would be fun places to visit. I think I'd also enjoy Tasmania, the island off the southern coast of Australia. When I was a boy I watched the old Nancy Drew movies on television. Made in the late 30s the film series starred Bonita Granville. If asked which person I would be able to impersonate, I would say Dustin Hoffman. In college I was told that I looked and sounded just like him (as Benjamin in The Graduate). If I had to choose an animal that I would be able to impersonate, I'd have to say Ten Zany Birds! :)

    Congratulations once again, dear friend Sherry, and have a terrific weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Do Tasmanian devils live in Tasmania? It seems there are many interesting places to visit in the vicinity of Australia. Enjoy your week, Shady!

      Delete
  4. Australia is definitely one place I'd love to visit, but I'd also like to see Ireland. Enjoyed your answers to the questions and congratulations on the award.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ireland would be interesting, too. But I heard the weather can be very cool and rainy.

      Delete
  5. Australia would be a fun place to go. I kinda gave an answer you'd expect at my show lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I missed your show. I'll have to go back and see if I can catch a rerun. ;-)

      Delete
  6. (I think "fancy dress party" is British for costume party.)

    As for travel, I've never been anywhere. Where would I go? I have no idea. (I'll wait for someone else to make a trip and invite me along.)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're probably right about the fancy dress party. I need a English dictionary to translate what our friends in the UK say! ;-)

      Delete
  7. Congratulations onyour being nominated for the award. Will keep my fingers crossed, you deserve to win.
    Yvonne.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think it's basically a blog hop. But thanks!

      Delete
  8. I can't travel anymore, but I always wanted to go to Australia, too. Either that or the home of my ancestors--Sweden. But I don't speak Swedish--LOL!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sweden would be nice. I wonder how the Swedish pancakes are in Sweden? ;)

      Delete
  9. Australia and New Zealand are tips on my bucket list too. Please do a chicken impersonation or at least have Bubba do one. Grin. 👍

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha! I'm sure Bubba would do an excellent chicken impersonation.

      Delete
  10. I enjoyed all your answers. If you went to Australia, you could track down Michael. My Question of the Month post will be up on Monday. I think everyone already knows I want to go to England.

    Love,
    Janie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That would be cool to meet Michael. We might have to go parasailing together. ;-)

      Delete
  11. I would love to get to Australia one day. The Great Barrier Reef is on my list of place to see.

    Great answers! Fun to learn more about you.
    ~Jess

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's the one thing good about these awards. You get to learn about bloggers a little more.

      Delete
  12. Awesome to learn more about you from these questions and your answers.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Okay, Fiji is a hop and a jump from Australia and New Zealand so add that in too :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. I've seen shows at the Sydney Opera House, but disappointingly no opera. I've seen some big names perform stand-up there and I saw a guy who calls himself an "unusualist" - he does magic, mime, comedy, artistic stunts etc.

    Sesame Street is still running. They're coming up on 40 years now.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wonder how frequently operas and orchestra concerts happen at the opera house. I'll have to look that up before I go.

      Delete
  15. I am up to seeing Sydney... I have some blogger friends there and would love to visit... xox... My first choice is Portugal and then Spain xox

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't been to Portugal, but Spain is nice.

      Delete
  16. Congrats on the award, Sherry! It's nice getting to know you better! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  17. These type of questions are always fun when I read the answers. Answers from other people always seem much easier than if I had to answer.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is nice to read about fellow bloggers, but coming up with the answers sometimes requires a little thought.

      Delete
  18. Gone with the wind is an iconic film indeed :)

    I think the place I would most want to visit would be Bora Bora :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. I was nominated for a similar award and I haven't done the post yet. Oh dear. This was a good reminder. I don't mind answering the questions, but nominating the next bunch? I'm hopeless at that as well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I used to be good about nominating people. But now, most of my friends have been blogging a while, and probably don't want to do these things anymore. I just don't want to bother them.

      Delete
  20. Australia is a popular place for this blog hop today.

    Gone with the Wind is the iconic movie I'd think of, too. After that it'd be Wizard of Oz.

    Darn, so I can't see you acting like a chicken? :P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No. Sorry. I think I've lost my childhood inhibitions.

      Delete
  21. Chrys is right. Australia would win if there was a contest. I've been there, but I'd go back.

    Congrats on your award!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! It's easy to understand why Australia is so popular.

      Delete
  22. I'd love to go to Australia and New Zealand too. First England! I drink lots of water too. I wish I liked coffee, but I must rely on chocolate for those little pick-me-ups!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. England is nice. But I'll tell you, I had a harder time understanding the British speaking English, than I had with the French speaking French!

      Delete
  23. I'd like to go to Australia and New Zealand as well, but not affordable at the present time for me.

    I still have a few of my Hardy Boys and Tom Swift books which were published by the same company that did the Nancy Drew series. My sister used to have just about the complete Nancy Drew collection, but like most of my books like that they disappeared through the years at yard sales or whatever. I think I still have one of those Nancy Drew books in my collection.

    If I were still blogging every day or even 3 times a week I'd take you up on that meme. Those are some fun questions. For now though my blogging schedule is pretty full.

    Arlee Bird
    Tossing It Out

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm saving my money for the Australia trip. I want to go for my 50th birthday, which will be in 5 years.

      Delete
  24. So many people have answered with Australia today and New Zealand. I'm the same as you when I eat out. The main course fills me up. No room for dessert or appetizers.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The portions are so huge. I end up taking half my meal home anyway.

      Delete
  25. Australia and New Zealand would be pretty awesome places to visit. For me, I'd love to go to Europe--anywhere there, everywhere there. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Paris is really nice. I have been there a few times, and I always find something new each time.

      Delete
  26. Australia is high on my list too if I could go there! I'd love it!

    Raindrops of Sapphire

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Maybe we can all meet in Australia and have a big blogger party. That would be fun!

      Delete
  27. Europe...England, Paris, Venice and all other countries!

    ReplyDelete
  28. I'm so pleased you found the time to play along. Great answers, pudding is indeed dessert - or at least it is in the north east of England.

    ReplyDelete
  29. I'm not big on long plane rides, but I'd love to visit Australia.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wonder if the Australians out there are scratching their heads wondering why so many of us would choose to go there. ;-)

      Delete
  30. Australia and New Zealand both sound like such lovely places to visit, for sure!

    And I very much prefer water, too. Could never understand the appeal of tea or coffee...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I guess they are hot, and have caffeine. But I'd just as soon have hot water if I wanted something hot.

      Delete
  31. I'd love to visit Australia too, even if it's the land of creatures able and willing to kill you.

    Also, completely agree on appetizers and dessert. I just get a nice main meal, otherwise I end up stuffing myself until I regret ever having a mouth and stomach. No bueno.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha! I hear you. That's why I seldom go out to eat.

      Delete