This is not one of my usual light-hearted posts. One of the reasons I am not here much, is because I'm dealing with a lot of stressful situations. I know everyone deals with them, because that's the way life is. I guess my point here is to bring something positive out of all of it, and share stuff I've learned. My hope is that what I say here, can help someone deal with whatever problems they are having.
So, here are my tips to handle stress and be positive:
1. Recognize a positive event each day.
2. Savor the event and log it in a journal or tell someone about it.
3. Start a daily gratitude journal.
4. List a personal strength and note how you used it.
5. Set an attainable goal and note your progress.
6. Report a relatively minor stress and list ways to reappraise the event positively.
7. Recognize and practice small acts of kindness daily.
8. Practice mindfulness, focusing on the here and now rather than the past or future.
Do at least one of these things each day, and it will help.
- Appreciate the world around you. If you can, get outside and enjoy the beauty of nature.
- Develop and bolster relationships.
- Learn something new.
- Choose to accept yourself, flaws and all.
- Practice resilience - rather than let loss, stress, failure, or trauma overwhelm you, use them as learning experiences and stepping stones to a better future.
Do you have any thoughts or things you'd like to add to this?