Mama Diaries

Wednesday, October 17, 2018

The Case if the Missing Lunch Box

My boy has a habit of losing things.

This time, it was his lunch box. I figured it was stuffed somewhere in his locker. Even though he hasn't been in school for more than three months, I had a feeling it was an utter disaster.

"Dude, can you clean out your locker? We've gone through two lunch boxes already, and I'm tired of stuffing your food into these paper bags," I said.

I don't know if he bothered to clean his locker. Probably not. But he did come home with this announcement:

"I know where my lunch box is."

"Where?" I asked.

"In my homeroom class. The teacher is using it as a door stop!"


Before I go, I will let you know that my tour is continuing. I'm on Julie Flander's blog. Please stop by to read an excerpt (different from the others you may have seen) and enter to win a copy of my book, Bubba and Squirt's Big Dig to China.

26 comments:

  1. maybe it decided to run away from him feeling neglected

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, Sherry!

    I don't know what kind of food Bubba takes to school in his lunch box, but I'll bet it is a great source of IRON. :)

    Thanks for the smiles, dear friend Sherry, and enjoy the rest of your week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha! Yep. Iron indeed. Must be steak and spinach. :)

      Delete
  3. Ha! Interesting that the teacher made use of it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Too funny. I hope his lunch wasn't still in it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm sure it would be emitting a strange odor by now!

      Delete
  5. Replies
    1. I have no idea how it could be used as a door stop. Unless the teacher filled it with sand.

      Delete
  6. The lunchbox must be filled with food that will get moldy and stinky sooner or later. My son always lost stuff, too, and he still does.

    Love,
    Janie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm afraid this losing trend is going to continue for my boy, too.

      Delete
  7. He should get extra credit from that teacher ;)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I couldn't help wondering if this was a sort of "the dog ate my homework" story :P
    Get ready for The case of the Missing Iphone in a few short years, if your kiddo is like a dear friend's daughter. They make emergency door stops also.If he's like most kids, the phone will not be missing, but the sweater you gave him for his BD might have gone by way of the lunch box.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Honestly, if you look at the condition of his room, it's a wonder he can even find his underwear!

      Delete
  9. Had a smile reading this Sherry.... forgot my tears for a while.

    Yvonne.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Replies
    1. Always something interesting here! Big hugs back!

      Delete
  11. OMG, that's so funny! If only you've a photo of that! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  12. Ha, ha, children always have the answer, don't they. Very creative.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Well, at least Bubba's lunchbox was being put to good use. Grin.

    ReplyDelete