Mama Diaries

Wednesday, November 19, 2014

Helicopter Signal

Yesterday, when my son and I were walking home from the bus stop, my boy did something unexpected.  (Which if you know him, shouldn't be unexpected at all.)

He stopped, stuck him arms out on either side, and proceeded to spin in circles.

"Dude," I said.  "What exactly are you doing?"

He stopped.  A huge grin was plastered on his face.  "I'm signaling helicopters!"

I raised my eyebrows and looked up.  The sky was perfectly blue, and there wasn't one helicopter in sight.  "Um, I don't see any helicopters, so I'm not sure your signal is very effective."

"Yes it is.  There are lots of helicopters, Mama . . .  In my head!"

(I'm afraid my boy has inherited the imagination gene from me.  He has one colorful world between his ears!)  

30 comments:

  1. That is awesome! Creativity is one of those treasured resources that gets depleted. So glad he has a great source within him.

    *spins in circles*

    ReplyDelete
  2. He's creative, you have to give him that!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I used to spin in circles, too. But, I hoped to turn into Wonder Woman. Maybe kids just like to spin????

    ReplyDelete
  4. This sounds like something my youngest nephew would do. He loves helicopters! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. hope they don't make too much draft up over there

    ReplyDelete
  6. They can be very random, can't they? But never boring. He has a great imagination!

    ReplyDelete
  7. They will sure keep that imagination constantly spinning

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hopefully he has a great landing pad for them up there

    ReplyDelete
  9. ya, and then someday, he just spins up, up and away: sends you
    mother's day cards from way off somewhere.

    ReplyDelete
  10. The apple doesn't fall far from the tree. An imagination is to be cherished.

    Love,
    Janie

    ReplyDelete
  11. The imagination gene is the best kind o' DNA there is!

    (My son used to say "helyamacropter." Not sure where that came from...)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Definitely an author in the making, your son is truly gifted with a wonderful imagination.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Yes. The apple didn't fall far from the tree!

    ReplyDelete