Mama Diaries

Wednesday, November 11, 2015

Doggy Spa


Our hundred-pound German Shepherd was in serious need of a bath. When he smells like dirty socks, you know it's time. In the fall and winter, Schultz gets the royal treatment:  bath in the Jacuzzi.  My husband took care of it. When he was done, the Jacuzzi was trashed, but the dog was clean and shiny.

I was practicing when the dog proudly marched in to show off his clean coat. He looked good. But then I took a sniff. It smelled strangely familiar.

"What did you use to wash the dog?" I asked my husband.

He grinned. "Your shampoo!"

Seriously?

(Well, at least he smells good!)  








Today, as part of my book tour for Ten Zany Birds, I'm at Traci McDonald's blog, where she gives a very nice review of the book. 

33 comments:

  1. He'll have beautiful, shiny hair.
    You really clean him in the Jacuzzi?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha, must have been a good feeling for the dog.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oye! I hope you don't buy the super expensive kind.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well at least he didin't you toilet cleaner, hope you have plenty of shampoo left.
    Yvonne.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Must be cold for him to get a bath in the Jacuzzi. Lucky, doggy. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. lol well now he'll smell all nice and have shiny hair

    ReplyDelete
  7. Don't tell my dog about the Jacazzi - she's spoiled enough as it is!

    ReplyDelete
  8. *LOL* Schultz gets a jacuzzi and the nice shampoo. He'll be the belle of the neighborhood!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Well, at least you like the smell of it, right?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! But it doesn't smell quite as good on dog hair as it does on mine! ;0)

      Delete
  10. Sounds like your dog got a nice spa treatment right at home!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm with your husband, those doggy shampoos can smell even worse that dirty dog.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Some of them do. Same is true of their toothpaste.

      Delete
  12. A bath in the jacuzzi? I'm sure Schultz doesn't mind getting a bath at all ;) I laughed out loud reading that your husband used your shampoo though ;D
    Have a wonderful rest of the week! Lots of hugs to you,
    Beate

    ReplyDelete
  13. I had to buy my mom's dogs their own bottle of conditioner because my mom kept using my (fairly expensive) one!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She was probably just grabbing what was available.

      Delete
  14. Washing a dog in Michigan in winter was a test of patience. Here, the dog stays outside till dry! He still doesn't like being washed but is always proud afterwards.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I bet it got awfully cold for your dog during those winter baths!

      Delete
  15. Ha ha! At least he smells good.

    ReplyDelete
  16. That lucky dog! Pun intended.

    Hi Sherry.

    ReplyDelete