Mama Diaries

Friday, February 8, 2013

Abe on the Bus

Okay.  I'm back.  I was at a music educators conference for a couple of days, which meant my husband had to babysit the kids and creatures. (I think he did a good job, because everybody and everything is still alive.)

He told me a funny story though, that I have to share. Today was the day that my son presented his Abe Lincoln report to parents. (Yes, I'm bummed because I had to miss it!)  My husband said Bubba got out of bed right away, dressed in his tight black suit, put on his Abe Lincoln beard, and donned a black top hat.

"You sent him to school like that?" I asked.

"Yeah, why not?" my husband said.

"Well, he was supposed to change at school, not run around all day dressed as Abraham Lincoln!"

"Oh," my husband said. "But he looked so cute, I didn't have the heart to tell him to change. You should've seen him on the bus.  He was a mini-Abe grinning from ear to ear, looking out the window."

I'm sure it was quite a sight - a boy with a beard!  Let's just hope that Bubba's not  going to want to go to school in his Luigi Halloween costume! 



 

12 comments:

  1. That is so cute. I'll bet he was proud and I don't blame him. I always admired Lincoln when I was a kid in school and learned about him.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would have loved to have seen him. Wonderful post.

    Yvonne.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wondered where you were. I'm glad you're safely home.

    Love,
    Janie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My life has been pretty hectic - between my life and my daughter's dance competitions, I'm having a hard time keeping up!

      Delete
  4. Jumping in with both feet, right way to go about it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Too cute! I'm sure that caused some heads to turn~

    ReplyDelete
  6. I find myself chuckling reading (while sneaking a peek on the computer with the family around.) So cute :) He must be so happy, was his photo taken in the school bus with a big grin?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No, unfortunately, my husband did not take any pictures. I would've liked to have seen that, too!

      Delete
  7. What an adorable story. Sherry, I don't know how you manage to juggle so many balls. Keep it up. You're doing a fantastic job.
    Glad to hear Schultz liked seeing himself on Indy's Fur Babies page and post. :-)
    Have you thought about adding a button to your blog where one can click to be notified when people respond to your posts?

    ReplyDelete