Mama Diaries

Sunday, February 10, 2013

Bubba's Battleship

"Mama," my eight-year-old son said.  "Will you play a game of Battleship with me?"

"Sure, Bubba," I said.  "Go get the game."

He did, and we set it up.  "Do you remember how to play?" I asked.

"Yep."

I gave him a quick reminder of how the game was played, just in case.  And then we started playing.

He hit my ships several times, but I couldn't seem to find any of his.  "Bubba, why am I not finding your ships?  There aren't too many other places they can be!"

"You'll never find them, Mama!"

A few turns later, I finally had a hit.  I called other locations after that, which resulted in hits.  Then, suddenly, the ship "disappeared." 

"Bubba,"  I said.  "That ship should be sunk!  Why are you saying it's not there when the grid locations say it should be there?"

"Mama, it dropped off the radar screen."

"What are you talking about?"

He turned his game board around so I could see it.  And do you know what?  All of his ships were on the upper board, where he was supposed to be keeping track of his calls to me.

"Bubba, that's not how to play the game!  I'll never get your ships up there!"

"Mama," he said.   "That's the point!"   

28 comments:

  1. Oh, gosh, Mama! Don't you know anything?

    Love,
    Janie

    ReplyDelete
  2. hahahaha...that's just too darned cute!

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOL that radar can be a tricky thing

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ah-hahaha!!!! You're in trouble when he gets older, LOL. Jk ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hahaaa, he's thinking outside the box, I see!! Funny. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He's definitely got a knack for thinking outside of the box!

      Delete
  6. Ah, good one, Bubba. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. haha...that's awesome. I guess he had a point.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Clever child you have there.

    Yvonne.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Replies
    1. It's one I enjoy, too. Bubba is quite a character!

      Delete
  10. Ha Ha Ha. What a sneaky young man he is. : )

    ReplyDelete
  11. Avid gamers can make use of new world coins to master new skills and acquire quite a few items in the new world coins cheapest game. With MMOGAH, game enthusiasts grab the new world coins immediately and firmly. If perhaps online surfers utilize this site, they get more information about the new world coins.

    ReplyDelete