Mama Diaries

Thursday, February 14, 2013

Feeling the Love

Happy Valentine's Day!

I just came back from my son's school Valentine party.  I knew it was going to be crazy when I stepped out of my car and a bunch of kids on the playground yelled, "Hi, Mrs. Ellis!"

My job at the party was to help the kids make frames for their cute little Valentine pictures.  They were supposed to decorate the frames with stickers.  But they were more interested in decorating me.  A bunch of little boys attached heart stickers to my nose, my forehead, and my cheeks.

"We love you, Mrs. Ellis!" they said.

Then there was my boy.  He was like cling wrap.   "Mama, I want to hug and kiss you!"

"Fine.  One hug.  One kiss," I said.

But that didn't seem to be enough. 

"Can I come home with you?"  he asked.

I guess he loves me!

Here's another funny story:  My husband had given me a Valentine's Day card.  It was really sweet.  I set it down next to the flowers and went about my business. 

My son picked it up and started reading.  "Daddy says you're cute, and smart, and..."

He stopped with a big grin on his face.  "I'm not allowed to say this word, but Daddy says you're the "S" word!"  

   

27 comments:

  1. LOL it is valentines day after all, after all the hugs and kisses one S word won't hurt.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm wracking my brain trying to think of an "S" word - haha.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm sure you are the "s" word -- sweet. That's it, right? But why isn't Bubba allowed to say sweet? And it's certainly sweet that all those kids love you so much and were so happy to see you. Children recognize a person's inner and outer beauty.

    Love,
    Janie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww. Now I'm feeling warm and fuzzy all over. You always say the nicest things! Thanks for making my day! HUGS!

      Delete
  4. You did say you were short...why can't Bubba say that? lol I think it's ok for your hubby to use the s word any day of the year (-:

    It sounds like you were a hit at the school party.

    Happy Valentine's Day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, of course - short! LOL!

      Hope you had a great Valentine's Day!

      Delete
  5. Replies
    1. Thanks! Hope you had a great Valentine's Day, too!

      Delete
  6. Hahahaha!!! That was great, and how terrific all the kids were so excited you were at the party. I'm sure the teacher appreciated the help, too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I miss the wonder of valentines with my kids. They were always excited to pass out those little cards and the "I Love You, B Mine" candy hearts. Then they'd make me and their mother those red construction paper and doily cards. Since they became "too cool" high school kids and now college students, those days are gone.
    Or so I thought until we all got Willy Wonka Fun Dips from one of the kids in my class.
    Maybe I SHOULD go buy some chocolate Easter bunnies, after all.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Absolutely! You can never have too much chocolate!

      Delete
  8. So sweet - lots of love all around :) Sounds like you had a wonderful V-Day. Love this post.

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a cute day throughout. I feel the love.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Pleased you had a good Valentine's day. My Internet was down and boy did I feel lost.
    Have a good week-end.

    Yvonne.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know - I tried to hop over to your page, and I couldn't get there. Glad you're back!

      Delete
  11. oooo, sexy!

    i remember the lovey dovey days. thats why there is an abundance of kindergarden teachers, tons of love!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Little kids are so cute!

      And I'm telling my son you said the S word! LOL!

      Delete
  12. What a fun day! Isn't it great to be loved? :-)
    Have a fabulous weekend, Sherry :-)

    ReplyDelete