Mama Diaries

Saturday, February 9, 2013

Mama's Date

Last night, I had a big date.

"Are you ready?" he asked.

I looked at the guy.  His pants were two inches too short, his suit coat was buttoned wrong, and his tie was sticking out the bottom.  "Bubba," I said.  "We can't go to the red carpet ball with you looking like that!"

(Yes, my date was none other than my eight-year-old son, Bubba.  He was taking me to the Mother-Son dance at the school.)  

"But Mama," he said.  "I don't have another suit."

"You don't?"  I couldn't believe it.  "What happened to the suit you wore a few months ago?"

"This is it!"

I sighed.  Apparently the kid has done some growing. 

I fixed his button job and told him to forget about the tie (which he greatly appreciated), and we headed off to the ball.

I needn't have worried about the suit, because after all of the break dancing on the floor, the running around, and the chocolate from the chocolate fountain, the suit was toast!  But we had an absolutely marvelous time!



  Before I go, I want to let you all know that Schultz, our enormous German Shepherd, is a guest over at Tracy Campbell's blog.  (I think he's getting more popular than me!)  If you'd like to see pictures and learn more about him, please stop by!

29 comments:

  1. Glad you had so much fun. They grow way too fast, don't they?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a good time was had by all.

    Yvonne.

    ReplyDelete
  3. haha once there doesn't matter at all and yeah ties suck.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, that sounds like a lot of growing for such a young kid. Glad you had a great time.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Now that's a fun date. Sounds like he had a blast, too~

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We did it last year, too, and it was a ton of fun!

      Delete
  6. Those are the best dates to have:) What a cute story...I could just see the little guy break dancing like that!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, boy, they grow so fast. Favorite Young Man is 11 inches taller than I am.

    Love,
    Janie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow! I'm sure my little guy will tower over me by the time he's all done growing!

      Delete
  8. Children are the most precious gifts. Enjoy.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sounds like it was a blast!
    Indy wants to keep Schultz.
    Thanks, Sherry!
    Tracy :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I figured Schultz and Indy would have fun playing together! LOL!

      Delete
  10. Sounds like you guys had loads of fun!
    Schultz is growing in popularity... very soon you'll have to write a weekly post dedicated to him...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know! I'm thinking I should write some books with him as the MC!

      Delete
  11. They do grow fast.

    I'll check out Schultz. I wonder what he looks like.

    ReplyDelete
  12. It was fun. I hope you get to experience something like that, too!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow. What a growth spurt! Sounds like you had tons of fun, though. :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. That's so charming :) I'm hopping over to check out Schultz.

    ReplyDelete
  15. There was break dancing? Sounds like my kinda party.

    This made me smile, btw.

    ReplyDelete
  16. What a fun date! : )

    ReplyDelete