Mama Diaries

Monday, February 18, 2013

Mister Picasso

Before I start my story, I'd just like to say that pizza is a good invention!  The kids have been out of school since Friday, and they've had friends over for sleepovers and playdates almost every day.  It's been a little chaotic!

Anyway, yesterday, I took my boy to the pottery store to do some painting.  "What should I paint, Mama?" he asked.

"I don't know, Bubba.  How about this frog?"

"No. I want something I can use."

"A cup?" I suggested.

He thought about it.  "No.  I think I'll paint a tea pot."

"A tea pot?" I asked.  "What are you going to do with a tea pot?"

"Drink my tea out of it."

"Dude," I said.  "Since when do you drink tea?"

"Since Christmas when Santa gave me some in my stocking."

Huh?  I didn't recall Santa leaving any tea for anyone.

Nevertheless, I let him select a tea pot while I selected a couple of wine bottle stoppers to paint.  We went to work.

A short while later, I looked at Bubba's tea pot.  It was covered in pink paint with brown splotches dripping off the side.  (He's colorblind, so I'm sure he thought the pink color was blue.)

"This is a nightmare!" he said.

Everyone cracked up who was sitting next to us.

"But I'm an artist," he said.  "And this is part of my artistic expression!"   

24 comments:

  1. He might not know art, but he knows what he likes :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. So, instead of a work of art, it's a work of Bubba.
    That Art kid probably did something else.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bubba has harnessed his inner artist. Good for him.

    Love,
    Janie

    ReplyDelete
  4. what works for him is all that matters, but tea, geez that's an old person drink haha

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah. Tea is an old person drink! Maybe he's an old person in a little person body. ;)

      Delete
  5. Greetings from Carolina! I'm bored to death at work so I decided to check out your blog on my iphone during lunch break. I really like the information you present here and can't
    wait to take a look when I get home. I'm shocked at how quick your blog loaded on my cell phone .. I'm not even using WIFI, just 3G .
    . Anyways, awesome site!

    Here is my webpage news

    ReplyDelete
  6. *hee* As an artist myself, I quite like his reasoning! :P

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm sure many famous artists started off with just that confidence. Gotta love it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Art doesn't have to be neat. I would've liked to see that tea pot!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Maybe I'll take a picture and post it after we pick it up from the studio next week.

      Delete
  9. He knows his artistic style and his right to express himself - I really like his confidence (as always).I'm sure with his gift for salesmanship, he could sell this teapot :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Never know what little artist you may have there

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Sherry,
    Please tell Bubba he made laugh. :-)

    ReplyDelete