Mama Diaries

Monday, February 4, 2013

Sticks

Last night, when the power went out at the Superbowl, my kids got a little ansty waiting for the game to resume.  Bubba put a sleeping bag over his head and bounced around the room.

"Bubba," I said.  "Take that thing off of your head, or you're going to bump into something and hurt yourself."

"I'll take it off, only if you play a game of sticks with me."

I had no idea what that was, but I agreed to do it.

"Stick out your fingers like this," he said.  He pointed two index fingers at me.

I did as he demonstrated.

"Now tap my two fingers."

Huh?  I was confused, but I tapped his fingers.

"Now put up three fingers."

"Why do I have to put up three fingers?" I asked.

"Because you're supposed to."

"You're out!"  he announced.

"Wait a minute," I said. "I have no idea what just happened, but this game makes no sense!"

My daughter jumped into the scene.  "Watch, Mom."

She and my son played a game of sticks.  I watched as they stuck their fingers out and tapped each others hands.  "Do you get it?" she asked when they were done.

"Um, no."  I said. 

"Mom, you're so slow!"

Great.  Not only am I old (see previous post), but now I'm stupid.  Oy!

31 comments:

  1. *hee* Your posts are always so amusing! Even though sticks is confusing, at least no one can excuse your kids of having no imagination!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have no idea where this game came from. It totally messed with my head!

      Delete
  2. haha--sometimes we adults, just don't get them ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. haha I'm on the stupid train too with this one.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You're not "stupid" - - you're "slow" - there's a difference :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I was scratching my head wondering how the game works. I didn't get it either. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm hoping that at some point, we'll become young and smart again to our children~

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't know about the young part, but I'm hoping when they're about 22, they'll think I'm smart again. LOL!

      Delete
  7. Lol! I know the feeling!

    I wonder who brought our kids up to be smarter than us?

    ReplyDelete
  8. This sounds like when my sister is explaining electronics to me.

    ReplyDelete
  9. My kids are still at the age where they look at me (in my pjs, socks, and crazy hair) and say "Mommy you're so pretty," lol. Not sure I want the to grow up right now. (;

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha! That's sweet. I hope it lasts a long time!

      Delete
  10. Don't worry - I have no idea what they're talking about either.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good. I think we have about ten people in the Stupid Club now. Would you like to join?

      Delete
  11. Most enjoyable to read enjoy your children whilst they're still growing.

    Yvonne.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I just love your writing style. Definitely following you. And thanks for joining me.
    Regards

    ReplyDelete
  13. If it helps, I have no idea what that game's about, either! We took the power outage as time to leave the party we were at so we could get the kids home and to bed. We were shocked to see the score so drastically changed when we got the game turned back on again!

    Shannon at The Warrior Muse

    ReplyDelete
  14. LOL, I'm lost on this one. Never heard of the game sticks until now.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think it's something new the kids came up with at school. If you're not in the loop, you can be totally clueless about these things!

      Delete