Mama Diaries

Monday, December 14, 2015

Let the Dog Sleep!

A couple of nights ago, my daughter and six of her teenaged friends had a sleepover in our basement. In case you don't know this, teenaged girls can be rather noisy. These teenagers were no exception. They chatted, giggled, and made a general commotion until two in the morning.

Meanwhile, our poor German Shepherd, Schultz, was trying to sleep. Apparently the girls were keeping him up. Finally, he couldn't take it any more. He started crying.

I heard the dog's plaintive moans and came to his rescue. "Okay, ladies. It's time to wrap this thing up. When the dog starts complaining about your noise, it's too much. Time for bed!"

I looked at Schultz. "It's okay, boy. You can go to sleep, now."

He looked at me with his droopy brown eyes, gave me a little wag of the tail, and went to sleep.

Before I go, I'd like to let you know that my book, Ten Zany Birds is part of the SCBWI (Society of Children's Books Writers and Illustrators) inaugural launch party. You can visit the page, like it, comment in the guest book, and even win one of two copies of the book (US residents only). Click on the link to get to the page.

38 comments:

  1. Giggling girls can be worse than fireworks.
    Will check out the party!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, Sherry!

    Seems like Schultz needed his beauty sleep more than did those teenage girls. :) Congratulations on having TZB in the launch party. I am going there now and will attempt to leave a comment. Keep your fingers crossed. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Curses, foiled again! I got an error message as soon as I clicked the link!

      Delete
    2. Link is now working. Thanks for attempting to visit!

      Delete
  3. Schultz needed to complain to get his way finally!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He definitely let us know how he was feeling about the commotion!

      Delete
  4. Good luck with Ten Zany Birds! I know about teenage sleepovers with my two girls - but that's funny about the dog having had enough!! Smart dog! He knew who to call. . .

    ReplyDelete
  5. Schultz knows who to go to so he can make them be quiet and get his beauty sleep haha

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good luck! And poor Schultz. Teens are noisy, but it's even more trouble when you hear nothing!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You'd think the dog would enjoy the noise and attention. I mean, he can totally sleep during the day.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Awe - - - the poor baby, I mean the poor doggy. They have their routine too I guess.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'd be crying, too, if it was 2:00 in the morning and I couldn't sleep because of the noise!

      Delete
  9. Teenage girls can be so giggly and loud. The last time Valentina had sleep over, they were up until 3am and I cannot stay up that long... lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't know how these girls stay up that late. I can't do it!

      Delete
  10. My son and his friends always made as much noise as a gaggle of giggling girls.

    Love,
    Janie

    ReplyDelete
  11. Poor dog but girls love to have fun don't they?
    Yvonne.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I tried to comment on you blog, but couldn't. It said comments are restricted to team members.

      Delete
  12. Awww, poor doggy. I used to think animals could sleep through anything, but I'm wrong. I'll check out the link.

    ReplyDelete
  13. At least they didn't decide to play dress up with the dog! Congratulations on your book and it's reception!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! And thanks for the comment you left in the guest book!

      Delete
  14. Poor Schultz, I can see him lying there ear plugs firmly in place, a sleep mask over his eyes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha! He'd need really big plugs for his oversized ears!

      Delete
  15. Aw, poor Schultz. Glad he was finally able to get his beauty sleep!

    Also, how exciting about the launch party! Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Congratulations on the launch party, Sherry! As for Schultz, he must look at you with adoring eyes. :)

    ReplyDelete