Mama Diaries

Thursday, July 5, 2012

Bandit Strikes Again

I hope all of you Americans had a great Fourth of July.  My family and I did.  Lots of fireworks!

So last night, I happened to look out my front window.  I had to look twice, because what I saw was a big furry gray thing.  It was eating my cat's food.

"Hey!"  I yelled, knocking on my front door. 

The big furry gray thing looked up.  It had a black mask on.  Yep.  The gray furry thing was a coon.  And that coon didn't care that I was knocking on my door.  It just looked at me and went back to eating.

"So you think you're going to steal my cat's food, do you?"  I opened the door and looked at him.  He backed away a few steps and looked at me.  "Well? Don't just stand there.  Get lost!"

It just stood there.  Apparently I'm not very scary looking.

Then Schultz came to the door to see what was going on.  (Schultz is my hundred pound German Shepherd, for those of you who don't know.)  That coon took one look at Schultz, and he was out of there!  He ran as fast as his furry little legs could carry him.  I bet he was one of those rascals Schultz chased away a couple of weeks ago.

Schultz was pleased.  He didn't even have to chase it (although I'm sure he would've liked to).  Good boy, Schultz!  

11 comments:

  1. Between Schultz and your son, I've got to keep coming back to read these stories! Seriously, I see a collection in your future like Henry and Ribsy...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha! I may have to do something like that. Honestly, I need more of me. So many ideas, so little time!

      Delete
  2. Almost makes up for him making you step in his poo hahaha

    ReplyDelete
  3. Schultz put the fear in those raccoons. He's a good dog.

    ReplyDelete
  4. good for schutz--those little creatures are cute, but dangerous!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Replies
    1. He can be a good boy, when he's not destroying things.

      Delete
  6. Shutz is the boss, the king of the yard.

    ReplyDelete
  7. He really needed to do some redeeming after all the trouble he caused!

    ReplyDelete